Sunday, August 19, 2012

My daughter, the seamstress

Recently, Caitlyn has been impressing me with her sewing skills.  This is another talent I do not have, so I impressed with people who can do it.  Especially my daughter, as she receives no help from me!
Several months ago, a family friend helped Caitlyn sew a ball gown, most certainly a daunting project!  It went great and Caitlyn really enjoyed the process.
Since then, we have gotten our (been broken forever) sewing machine fixed and she has stayed busy! The top picture shows an old shirt of Bill's that she transformed into a top for Kelsey.  Thank you, Family Fun magazine, for the cute, yet simple idea! It looks adorable in person!
 
The picture to the right shows the beginnings of a quilt, which is now complete except for the binding.  Wow.  Did I mention I am impressed? Now she is working on her second quilt, for a friend.  A good friend has saved lots of shirts throughout her kids' childhoods and Caitlyn is in the process of making them into a quilt.

I think reading all of those Laura Ingalls books when she was younger had an effect on her! Smile. 

I am truly impressed with what she has accomplished and can't wait to see what's next!

No comments:

Post a Comment