Saturday, October 6, 2012

Perking up the rooms

There are still many, many things on the to-do list at our relatively new house.  in fact, it could possibly be called a to-do mini-novel! I am not a handyman.  Or a handywoman.  Or a handy anything!
So if I pick up a tool and use it successfully, I am proud.
Keegan chose this curtain rod (and the curtains, of course :).
  
I, yes I, used a drill and a screwdriver AND a studfinder to hang these curtain rods and curtains for Keegan and Kelsey.



Ok, the curtain part wasn't really that hard, but the drilling and stuff? Blech. Hanging curtain rods was something the handyman was supposed to do before he disappeared. Thankfully, I had my three trusty helpers who were always willing to pick up a dropped screw (we won't mention how many times that happened!) or go retrieve a different screwdriver, or any of those many things that would have had me climbing on and off of the stool even more than I did! The upside is that they look really cute :)! And now I know how to hang curtain rods :).

Then we added stickers and dry erase boards - that's more my speed!

Little by little we are getting there. It is fun to see the girls' rooms coming together and see how their different personalities shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment