Monday, May 20, 2013

Soccer


Wow. The soccer season has come and gone without me taking a single picture. Caitlyn and I coached Keegan and Kelsey this year, so during games I was busy yelling, screaming, and cheering even more than usual, which left no time for picture taking.
Both Kelsey and Keegan had a great season. They played hard, gave 100%, and improved throughout the season. Kelsey practiced playing goalie even out of practice and it showed during games. She also became much more proactive about going after the ball and challenging the other team. She played offense, defense, and goalie.
 
Keegan used her long legs to speed all over the field as midfielder. She would zoom down and help the defense, then zoom up the field and help the offense. (Also, Keegan has also put her picture up on her wall. Things tend to fall down off her wall with annoying regularity, which is why her picture is in its little oval :).) 

While initially a bit terrified about coaching, I ended up having a lot of fun. We had a great bunch of talented kids, I read A LOT of books and soccer websites, and Caitlyn and I spent a lot of time discussing line ups and strategy. Saturday, they ended up winning the championship. I was so proud and happy for them. A great end to a fun season.


No comments:

Post a Comment