Monday, May 28, 2012

Recital!

Well, recital has come and gone, with Caitlyn and Keegan thoroughly enjoying themselves and Kelsey staying firm in her decision that she was ready for a break from dance.  I don't know why I worry that she will regret her decisions, because that is a child who knows her own mind.  I am glad she does, too, even when it sometimes surprises me :).
 This year's theme was "The Three Princesses" with the three princesses being Ariel, Jasmine, and Belle.  Caitlyn was in "The Little Mermaid," Keegan was in "Aladdin," and both were in "Beauty and the Beast," so that worked out just fine for me ;).
I really loved this costume on Keegan!  It's not exactly what I expected for her as a maid in the beast's castle, but when I saw it on her, I thought it was beautiful!
She had a cute little extra part where she came out while the silverware was dancing and polished a piece or two.  Cute!
Although this picture is blurry, I like it.  It gives a good feel of what this dance was like :) 

Caitlyn was one of the sailors on shore after Ariel received her legs.  Some of the girls went all out with false mustaches, beards, and tattoos.  I encouraged Caitlyn to draw on a mustache, but you can see how much luck I had. 
Sigh. The challenges of motherhood. ;)
 During dress rehearsal, I sat next to one of the younger classes.  As the sailor dance proceeded, one of the young dancers said, amazed, " Those are all girls." Her friend strongly disagreed, stating firmly, "No, they're not.  They're teen-agers!"

 Keegan, in the center, in Aladdin
 Caitlyn, in the waltz, in "Beauty and the Beast"

Caitlyn has been en pointe for four years now and is quite solid.

 Belle in the center, Caitlyn in the back where you can't see her, haha.
 Pretty girls, ready for the show 
Love this one

No comments:

Post a Comment