Sunday, March 31, 2013

Basketball Keegan Quote

As I have mentioned, Keegan loved basketball this year. As much as she enjoyed it, though, the physical games were hard for her (and me!) Instead of feeling like a hard-fought game, to her, roughness just felt like meanness. It was especially difficult when she would try to block a shot, get plowed over (sometimes knocked to the floor,) then get called for a foul. I tried to explain that those calls always favor the offense and that you rarely see a charging call unless it's blatant. She was having none of it. I mentioned the same point when we went to see the Lady Vols play.
Tonight [Monday,] we were watching the women's NCAA tournament. An offensive player going for the basket slammed into a defender who crashed to the floor, then was then called for a foul. I looked at Keegan to make sure she noticed. Before I said a word, she looked at me and said, "Sometimes the defense just needs a little pity!"
Smile. Said like a true defensive player!

No comments:

Post a Comment